Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Songs of Ice and Fire: A Musical Revue


Note: Read this post at your own risk. It will contain spoilers up through most of book 3 in A George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire.


Songs of Ice and Fire: A Musical Revue! 

Coming soon to a stage near you!

"Happily Ever After" from Once Upon a Mattress, sung by Sansa Stark

"Lily's Eyes" from The Secret Garden, sung by Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark (substituting "Lyanna" for "Lily", obviously)

"I'm Flying" from Peter Pan, sung by Bran Stark with Meera and Jojen Reed and Rickon (because why not? Rickon has nothing better to do...)

"Sensitivity" from Once Upon a Mattress, sung by Cersei Lannister

"Close Every Door" from Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, sung by Davos Seaworth while imprisoned by Stannis

"The Seven Deadly Virtues" from Camelot, sung by the Hound, Sandor Clegane

"Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins, sung by Samwell Tarly

"Witch's Lament" ("Children Will Listen" reprise) from Into the Woods, sung by Catelyn Stark

"As Long as He Needs Me" from Oliver, sung by Brienne of Tarth (about Jamie Lannister)

"When I Marry Mr. Snow" from Carousel, sung by Ygritte (about Jon Snow)
*This was just too good not to include. LORD'S KISS. It kills me every time. I giggle like a middle schooler. Lord's Kiss. Oh, George, you dirty old man, you.

"Little Bird" from Man of La Mancha, sung by the King's Guard while beating Sansa Stark

"Mr. Cellophane" from Chicago, sung by Varys

"Razzle Dazzle" from Chicago, sung by Littlefinger

"The Point of No Return" from The Phantom of the Opera, sung posthumously by Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark

"Memory" from Cats, sung by Old Nan

"The Past is Another Land" from Aida, sung by Daenerys Targaryen
 

I thought embedded videos would be too much, but all the links will take you to the songs themselves, in case you're not familiar with them.

I do realize this post is meaningless unless you happen to be both a George R.R. Martin nerd AND a musical theater nerd, but there you have it. So many characters have yet to stand in the spotlight. What performances would you add for the second world tour?

4 comments:

  1. I have many of these songs available on cds, on my hard drive, and on my ipod. So why, of them all, is it "Mr. Cellophane" from 'Chicago' that is now stuck in my head? (I knew I should have bought the soundtrack. It was on TV a few weeks back, and I just love the music.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that always the way?? So odd how that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god. I want to play but you outclass me at every level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha you should try it for The Wheel of Time. Your brain might explode though. So many characters...

    ReplyDelete