Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tim Gunn+Superhero Costumes=Awesome

Yesterday I endured the first skirmish in what will surely be an epic, summer-long battle between me and the insects. While I consider myself the victor, I had not anticipated an organized assault by both the carpenter ants and the spiders (Okay, ONE spider, but one is all it takes!)

So, emotionally scarred, and somewhat afraid of my couch (spider sighting) and the desk at which I now type (spider sighting #2, was it or was it not the same spider?), I'm in need of a pick-me-up.

And maybe you are too. I mean, Mondays can be tough even when they aren't invoking the assistance of the insect underground.

To cheer us, here is Tim Gunn discussing superhero costumes for Crazy Sexy Geeks. It's just pure fun. I found it via The Fug Girls, via NPR's Monkey See Blog. Please to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. "But if I can excue Robin..."
    "We all excuse Robin." Hee.

    That's great. Thanks for sharing it. Of course, as soon as I saw the title of your post, I flashed on 1. superhero costume Project Runway challenge (the judges -couldn't- say "it's too costumey.") and 2. Tim Gunn (in his own style) as superhero. And then my brain exploded from the awesome!

    Lastly, for the rest of the day I will carry around with me this quote, because whose day wouldn't be improved by Tim Gunn saying this to them: "I'm well, and I'm better for being with you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I also loved when he said, "I'm well, and I'm better for being with you." Even more than that, I loved his pauses. They were so full of meaning. No one can deny Tim Gunn's awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second part is up on CSG's YouTube channel. Also entertaining. Tim's awesomeness stems from this idea that he could totally be stuck up about fashion, looking his nose down on the superhero geeks. But instead, he is always polite and friendly, and it feels like he's actually thinking about the subject seriously and wants to learn more about it. He's so great. I want to be just like him when I grow up. XD

    (word ver: coiness. I've seen so many almost-word verifications lately.)

    ReplyDelete