Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tales From the Used Book Store

Book Find of the Day:

1923 Atlas of the World and Gazetteer(Sorry, I know the flash wasn't very helpful here)

This is a beautiful soft cover book, in great condition. The maps inside are wonderful. This is the kind of book my twin sister would snatch up and display under a glass cloche or on a coffee table.

Title Page:

It's such a great find, and yet it was sitting on the floor amongst the other atlases.

You just never know what treasures you'll find at a used book store!

Editor's Note 10.13.10: SOLD! A customer came in today asking about atlases so I showed her this book. She took it home along with a fantastic old spelling book and another vintage atlas. I love when good old books get great new homes!!

1 comment:

  1. It has old maps? (Well, duh, she says to herself, it's an atlas.) I am a sucker for old maps. I have this unhealthy obsession with overbuying calendars, but last year, despite having plenty, I bought an extra one just because the images were of maps from centuries ago (1100s through 1500s, I -think-).

    Also! I didn't say so before, but I hope you had a great time in Scotland! I'm glad you didn't get sick this time.

    ReplyDelete