Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Share Time: Malinda Lo

Hi there, Reader. You probably already know about Malinda Lo, author of Ash and Huntress. I got to meet her at Sirens 2010 so let me just add that she's funny, open, smart, and incredibly humble.

She just wrote a fantastic blog post on homophobia and writing Fantasy. I consider it a must read for all writers and readers. What she says can be applied to any prejudice that currently exists in our society--we can rewrite the world.

I hope you check it out: Taking the homophobia out of Fantasy

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read these books yet, but I like her attitude. It made me think, though, and other than peripheral characters in some of Mercedes Lackey's early Valdemar books, I can't think of any fantasy books that have f/f relationships. Not to say they aren't there (I haven't read every fantasy novel), but they seem pretty rare.

    ReplyDelete