Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Delinquency...Now With More Photos!

Hello, Dear Reader. I have been so distant lately, I know. I apologize. I hope it will soften your heart to know that I've been spending my free time getting back to the revisions on my novel. I'm 20 pages away from the halfway point and I hope to tackle those 20 pages (and then some) this afternoon.

I wouldn't say this to just anyone, but we've been friends for a long time, so I'll tell you: This novel is pretty damn good! I'm really proud of it, and excited about the prospect of finishing the revision in the foreseeable future.

Potential revision obstacles include: my full time freelance job, doing work on our house, which we bought and moved into in September (!!), and keeping an eye on our new puppy, Mr. Bingley. His friends just call him Bingley, and you can too.

This is Bingley at Christmas.

He's only thirteen weeks old. He is destined to be a good writer's assistant because he loves sitting on my feet and wants to be near people at all times. He's at my feet right now, grumbling as he dreams. 

What do you think dogs dream about?

Life has been busy. I'm sure everyone feels that way around the holidays, and in January when we try to pick up the pieces and gets things back on track again. I hope to blog more in the future, but finishing my revisions is my top priority. I know you'll forgive me. In the meantime, how about some more photos?

Here's my dining room and living room at Christmas. The trim is primed and needs to be painted white. I'm not sure what I'll paint the walls yet.

Here's the living room, which I want to turn into a library.



The wall with the bookcase is where I'd like to put builtin bookshelves. WE SHALL SEE if the budget allows for this extravagance in the near future. I'm convinced that if I don't do it soon, it will fall so far down the practical to-do list, that it will never get done.

(That fabulous Gothic table was built by my great grandfather, who was gifted at making furniture. Wood working runs on my mom's side of the family. I call it the confessional and am thinking about painting it a nice, warm plum.)

And finally, here's another photo of Bingley.



I've been reading out loud to him just about every day. Right now I'm reading an excellent old paperback Fantasy anthology entitled The Fantastic Imagination, edited by Robert H. Boyer and Kenneth J. Zahorski. It's full of gifted writers (like Lord Dunsany, one of my favorites) and truly wonderful stories that have, perhaps, fallen through the cracks of time. I highly recommend it. 

Okay, back to work for me so that, with any luck, I can get back to my revisions this afternoon. I wish you all well and I hope your new year is off to a great start (and for my many sick friends, I send you healing thoughts).

No comments:

Post a Comment