Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Updates

Hello, Reader!

I wish I could call you darling. But then I'd have to be the kind of woman who swirls around in dramatic tunics and cigarette pants, wears red lip stick, and can say things like, "What a glorious day!"

One of my favorite teachers used the word "glorious" often. I always admired that. It is not a word to be wielded lightly. It takes commitment.

Anyway, Reader, I just thought I'd give you an update, since my last post hinted at some changes on the horizon. So far they are not book-related in nature. I got a new full time job. I haven't had a full time position in years and years. I mean, I've worked full time, but only for six months at a time until the seasonal work ended and  then I would have to scramble and save and readjust to a new schedule.

Now I'm in it for the long haul. This is a good thing. I think it may even help my writing, because when I have daily tasks that I can check off, I put less pressure on my creative self to produce. Like for the past week while I've been learning my new job, I've been reading and simmering but not writing. Since I just finished my draft of THE MAGPIE'S TALE and am starting a new WIP, it makes sense that I'd need some recharge time.

But my brain has this magical ability to recognize what makes sense and yet snub it at the same time. It's like both Dashwood sisters up in here.

So having a job helps with that. My need to Be Productive, is funneled in that direction, leaving my creative side some breathing room.

I am missing spending all day with Bingley though. Sigh.

My most recent fortune cookie said, "Change is coming. Go with the flow."

I'm trying to not only go with the flow, but enjoy it at the same time. What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment