Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Milestone?

This is going to be a short post as I'm at work (5 minutes before I have to clock in!). But something cool happened to me the other day. This may sound odd, but I was looking over the query letters up at Nathan Bransford's blog and a strange thought occured to me. I thought to myself, "my novel isn't the best thing I'll ever write. It's almost as good as it can be, and that's all it can be. I can't wait to start my next book..." And well, it trailed off from there into nonsensical idea juggling.

The thing is, up until that moment, I'd never thought about my next book--not really. I kicked around some vague plot ideas but I never thought to myself, "my next book will be better than this one." I was still focused on the book I was writing (still am writing/revising). I'm actually relieved. I think this is a sign that my current book is almost done. I've got lots of notes for places I can tweak but in general, this is definitely the final stretch.

Okay, time to start work...

No comments:

Post a Comment