Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Curious Case of The Noise Upstairs

I work (re: write) from home on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. After tomorrow, I'll be writing every day (at least until fall). For now I can only make observations about Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

And every Wednesday at 1:00 PM, there is a strange, disturbing rumbling from upstairs.

It does not happen on Tuesdays.

It is not the train.

It is not the upstairs bath water, which tumbles down the pipes as though willfully trying to rip the house apart.

It is not the three upstairs children or their myriad of friends who enjoy tromping up and down the creaking stairs and in and out of the front door, which slams.

It is not the grandfather who practices his singing (I call it musical groaning) from as early as 7 AM onwards in the room directly above our bedroom, but thankfully not above the computer room.

It is something else.

I think it might be some sort of demonic ritual. I have been unable to come up with any other viable explanation for the noises or for any of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment