Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wishful Thinking

People, I just had to share this. Yesterday Neil Gaiman posted photos of his house on his blog and I am so seriously jealous. Well, not jealous as in "I want to take that from him" but as in "I hope to have that someday, too." He has a beautiful farmhouse, land, and a happy dog. That's what I want. That's what I want to earn with my writing. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to try.

Also, in case you were wondering: the driveway next door is going to be stone, not brick as I had anticipated. It looks gorgeous, but I hope they finish soon. Right now the guys working on it are blasting classic rock and the walls in my apartment are so thin you can feel strong winds through them so...yeah. It would be nice if they could hurrythefuckup Okay, yes I finally swore. In real life I swear all the time. My Beginning Prose Writing prof Kate Adams didn't think there was anything wrong with using them in class or in writing, and I've never looked back since.

Yesterday a friend of mine suggested I write a ghost story so I am currently working on one. It's about a woman who is haunted by her mother's ghost. It's a short story and I'm SO happy to have come up with the plot for a short story. Usually I cannot do that to save my life. Yay for writing again!

Getting back to the novel, I think that all my query materials are ready to go out into the world...I think. Maybe. Possibly. But I can't be sure. So I'm sort of biting my nails and waiting for someone to pop up and tell me yes, they are ready. I don't think anyone is going to do that, so eventually I'll have to make that decision for myself.

And finally, I'm headed to the Topsfield Fair this afternoon. I'm excited to be there as it gets dark and hope to take lots of pictures. It's all research for The Carnival at the End of the World, which appears in my novel WIP and about which I hope to write a collection of short stories.

That is all. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment