Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

A Sunny Friday

I'm not sure what to do with myself today. I'm getting really anxious to start my new WIP (can I even call it that yet if I'm still in the planning stages?). The problem is I'm snagged on a plot point, and I don't want to begin unless I at least know where I will be at the end. But I really just wanttostartwriting!

In the meantime I think I'll give myself a kickboxing class and maybe go for a walk to get coffee.

Oh yeah!!! And enter this cool contest from blogger, aspiring YA author, and publishing intern Weronika Janczuk!!! It's a heady cocktail of book giveaway and possible pages critique. How can you resist?

I'm also going to throw myself into a contest designed specifically for Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy manuscripts. The prizes are:

First place: 1) A critique of 20 pages of your work, by your agent judge. 2) A one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com.

Runner-ups - second and third place: 1) A critique of 10 pages of your work, by your agent judge, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe. 2) A one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com.

The blog is called Guide to Literary Agents by Chuck Sambuchino, and it's definitely worth reading if you're an unpublished author. Actually (and not just because it's part of the contest) I'm adding it to my blogroll. I've been meaning to for a while now (but alas, I am absentminded and easily distracted by candy).

It's always good to take a chance of Fridays, right? Be bold!

Happy Friday, everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment