Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Future of Stories?

Have you guys seen this video yet? It's from IDEO. I stole it from my friend Dr. Jolly via facebook. At first, I was just going to share it because it's pretty and also it discusses the future of books, albeit nothing that I found totally shocking. It mostly seemed like the natural progression of things.

But then. Then came Alice.

Alice is for fiction.

And it's some crazy Wonderland shit! At least, I thought so. Check it out and let me know what you think. Interactive stories!? I'm excited and freaked out by this concept. How does this affect storytelling? Is it bad or good?

Is this even worth debating? Because it IS happening, whether some of us like it or not.

The Future of the Book. from IDEO on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy! I actually think I remember hearing about something like this when I was interning at Consortium. I'm not sure how I feel about it, though... it seems like it's another crutch for all those billions of people out there without any sort of imagination.

    ReplyDelete