Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Waiting in the Foyer

Day 2 is considerably harder than day 1. It doesn't help that the NaNoWriMo site is informing me that I'm already TWO DAYS BEHIND SCHEDULE. I think this is taking into account that I've only been sitting at my desk for fifteen minutes and therefore haven't written anything today. Plus yesterday I fell a few hundred words short of the daily goal.

Yeesh!

I feel like yesterday I opened the door to this novel which was nerve wracking but direct. There's the door. Open it. Now I'm standing awkwardly in the foyer. What now? Play with the bouquet on the table? Count the umbrellas in the umbrella stand? Fix my hair in the mirror?

All I know is that last night, Husband plied me with the last of the Halloween candy and Tesco tea. Tonight he's trying rum. By the end of the month, I'll have moved on to actual poison, having tried out all the domestic varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment