Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Reason for the Season

I'm so sorry that I've been a bad blogger lately. Ever since I got Mono five years ago (on my honeymoon, no less, but that's another story entirely), I've been like a Victorian lady with a "delicate disposition." (For visual evidence, check out this post from March--yikes!) Any cold or virus that comes my way tends to stick around for a long time even when I put the world on hold and do nothing but sleep and laze around, which drives me totally insane.

I'm back at the book store for the first time since I blogged about our ghost-friend in the back. I'm not going to lie, I was a tad nervous when I got here. I'm wondering if he'll be more demonstrative now, or if he'll hide from me, or what.

Needless to say, I haven't done any writing. So frustrating! But I did get another short story idea. One just never knows what the cold-addled brain will come up with.

Most importantly, do any of you read The Bloggess? I don't usually. Ever since my mommy blogging days, I've been a regular Dooce reader but The Bloggess just isn't on my radar most of the time. But THIS is fantastic. It will fill you with Christmas spirit (please note, I use the term "Christmas" loosely because in my mind it's non religious when we talk about the spirit of the season. You don't need to believe in the whole baby in the manger story to want to be generous this time of year.)

Anyway, read it and rejoice and maybe it will inspire you to think of a way to give back even in this, one of the busiest weeks of the year. Maybe you can be a donor for this amazing project, or maybe you can donate your time somehow to people who need it. I know many of you are writers, and probably somewhat poor. But we have rich imaginations! Surely we can come up with ways to spread joy and cheer this season, even if it's with our pens and hearts, not our wallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment