Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Escapism

So this isn't cute exactly, but it's been such a cold, dreary week. Everyone here seems to have, all at once, decided they are DONE with winter. So I thought I'd share a few photos from my trip to Scotland last summer.

Husband and I hiked over 60 miles together, following a map and a trail. A company picked up our bags every morning and we slept at Bed and Breakfasts along the way. So it was like adventuring lite. I highly recommend it. A nice hot bath after a day of hiking 12 miles is pretty much euphoric.

This is one of my favorite moments of the trip. We had been following a reliable path along the coast, and had just turned inwards towards the forests. It felt like our journey had truly just begun.

And here are some harebells, also known as fairy bells.
Here is a magical forest we passed through, talking quietly and being careful not to say anything that could be found insulting. Five years earlier in Scotland, I had made a joke about not upsetting the fairies as we passed by a fairy hill. The next day I got Mono. Let that be a lesson to you.

And finally, an amazing Scottish breakfast. Yum!
Happy Friday!

2 comments: