Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interlude for the Writer

Since you've followed me through the dark forest that was my revised chapter 4 for The Charmed Bracelet, I thought I should let you know that it's "done." As in, I've passed it on to a fearless beta reader and today I am officially moving on to chapter 5.

Can I get a, "Huzzah?" HUZZAH!

While we're on the subject, The Charmed Bracelet as a title is not working for me anymore, simply because I'm worried that it will scare away boys. Then again, a book written by a woman with a female protagonist might scare them off anyway, but I'd like to give the boys the benefit of the doubt. What do you think?

In other news, I've got a new story idea coagulating in my head. I might be able to combine it with my old apocalyptic story idea, but I'm not sure. Mostly right now I've got a little scrapbook going in my brain, with bits and pieces of the world and the main character.

It's not set in the same world as The Charmed Bracelet. The only troubling thing is that I've already got two other faerie stories waiting in the wings: my lose retelling of Snow White and Rose Red about twin sisters and my story about Betony Monroe the Italian American half dryad who inherits a bookstore from her Great Aunt and a whole lot more besides.

Also, if you couldn't tell, my stories start with people, not plot. I wish plot came a little more naturally to me. We've all got our strengths and weaknesses, I suppose, our different strategies.

Here ends my writing update. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: