Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Luck

On Saturday I was walking across the town green after getting coffee. I was chattering away until I suddenly froze as if someone had grabbed me on the shoulder.

And then I saw it.

I dropped to the ground and found this:

As I said in a post from just a couple weeks ago, four leaf clovers find me. I always pick them and press them. But this time, I hesitated. Hadn't I just found some luck? I didn't want to be greedy.

So I took a picture and left it there.

Later in the day, Curt and I went for a walk. Again, I suddenly stopped to stare at a patch of clover. Immediately I found a four leaf...and another...and another.

NINE four leaf clovers in all!! I was secretly hoping it might be seven, but it was actually nine.

That's a lot of luck! Where is it all coming from? Is it something to do with the excessive rain we've had lately? Does Vermont produce more four leaf clovers than other states?? Did a faerie couple roll around in that patch of clover the other night?

Or maybe I'm calling the luck to me, up through the depths of the earth where magic grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment