Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Once Upon a Television

Soooo I have basic cable again! Most of the stuff on TV is trash though I DO have a not-so-secret fondness for QVC's hideous, sequined clothing designed for middle aged women (don't do it, ladies!) and clunky, cheap-looking jewelry.

What really fascinates me is the way they point at everything in a very particular way, draping five necklaces over their arm and then moving each necklace to make the stones glitter. It's sort of hypnotizing.

Yes, I'm a writer and I work from home. Why do you ask?

Anyway, having TV again has made me curious about upcoming shows. Do you think Once Upon a Time is going to be any good?Sabrina—that's right, I'm calling you out, girl—since you're a fan of Fables, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on the show.

Also, does anyone think it will be as awesome as I remember The 10th Kingdom being??

I'd also like to express my extreme excitement over Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show Ringer. I'm a huge Buffy fan. I have reoccuring dreams that I AM Buffy.

As I've mentioned before on this blog, I even went so far as to make a SMG scrap book back in high school and I once had a tragic hair accident while attempting to look like SMG in Buffy Season 3. You know, back when THIS was happening:
After which my mom famously said, "Honestly, Jennifer, are you TRYING to keep the boys away?"

Oh, memories.

That bleach job really did look terrible. After a nice long cry, I went back to the salon and had it fixed.

So, Class, what have we learned today? If your hairdresser is dingy and chatty, she will probably forget about you while your hair is bleaching and leave the bleach on too long. Also, don't bleach your hair when the rest of it isn't blond.

On second thought, just don't bleach it at all.

3 comments:

  1. ...really, with the scrapbook?

    if you're not kidding, you need to meet my friend karen. the two of you would get along famously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I'm pretty sure I had every magazine spread SMG did from around 1997 - 2000. To make myself feel less stalkery, I blame it on my mom. She had a Hailey Mills scrapbook back in the day.

    Also, I threw it out. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that trailer made me happy, I was feeling irritated about something before then. I did not have much use for what's her name when she was Cameron on "House," but the guy was Stargate: Universe looks like he'l be good in this. I do like the premise (I think that was obvious, thoguh), but I wonder how the shift between modern world and story world will work, if it'll be jarring or look too "they're trying too hard."

    I'll definitely be watching it, though. And I hadn't heard about it yet, so I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete