Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

To Chapter 12...and Beyond!

You guys, I'm having PLOT THOUGHTS. I didn't tell you (because my computer was not speaking to the internet for a couple weeks), but I fought my way to the cliff of Chapter 11 and I jumped!

That's right, I'm currently falling through space.

I got to the point in my revision where something Big and Bad, like super really bad, happens. This did not happen in the old draft because I was TOO SCARED. And now? Now it's done.

And it's totally cool!

But it means that from now on, the "revision" is moving into uncharted territory!! I've been digging in my heels about it. I thought it was all fear. Now I think it's just my secret self whispering at me to slow down, draw a damn map for a change and maybe figure out where the heck I'm going.

I sat Curt down tonight to talk through some stuff. Curt is very good at this. He asks all these annoying, really smart questions and then he lets me answer them and suddenly I can see a little further ahead than I could before. Lots of Things are happening in my head. I'm not quite sure where I'm going yet but at least I'm starting to realize that I'm not standing on one meager path.


Oh no, there's a TON of paths all curling out from under my feet. Some are worn down grass, some are stone, some are bread crumbs and all of them are calling to me. I  just hope I figure out which is the right one. And soon. It's dark out here in the woods. I mean in the air. I mean—curses! This metaphor has a mind of its own, not to mention this novel...

4 comments:

  1. I love your last paragraph here. How appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, thanks. Yes, I suppose it is. If only some will o' the wisp could show me the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to have someone you can bounce ideas off of. Especially when they ask smart questions. (I am in a very "yay!" mood in regards to writing at the moment. I don't know why, but it's not a bad place to be.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Sabrina. Hold on to that feeling!

    ReplyDelete