Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

 Doesn't it seem like as the day's get shorter and darker, that time is speeding up? It's like we're hurtling towards winter and then suddenly SWOOP, we're frozen in a dark dreamplace for five months. It sounds kind of nice, doesn't it?

Anyway, listen, Reader. I keep making empty promises about book reviews and then disappearing.

I know this. You know this.

I don't have much of an excuse, really. I haven't been reading and I haven't been writing book reviews or feeling remotely interested in doing so. And this is where I am at least learning to recognize something going on in my subconscious as a writer. Sometimes I binge read like CRAZY, like don't-leave-the-couch-unless-my-bladder-commands-it sort of crazy. Other times I don't read at all, which makes me sad.

But this is part of the process. My brain is working on things right now. I'm into brand new territory in my novel. I don't have the rest of this thing mapped out. All I know is the general end point (which seems bent on wobbling around just to mess with me) and a couple stops along the way.

And I keep getting ideas and crazy images and mostly I'm just sort of shocked and freaked out and excited to realize that this story, which has changed and grown and been rewritten so much, can still surprise me. It makes me happy to know I haven't beaten it dead. It's definitely alive and kicking me in the butt.

So please forgive me as I work these things out. I will come back, I promise. I'm still here, just sort of in an idea fog. And also I have Boring Life Things to deal with. Because seriously if I don't register my car in Maine before Thanksgiving not only will I be technically breaking the law but my dad will FREAK. OUT.

Wishing you all a wonderful week so far. Remember, I'm still doing a giveaway for Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone very very soon....

Oh, and what are you going to be for Halloween??

No comments:

Post a Comment