Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude

Last night I couldn't sleep again. Lately it's been so easy to let life overwhelm me. It's always high tide and the waves are always crashing over the walls, I guess.

But today I'm going to try and focus on gratitude. Here's a list of good things in my life today:
1. I went to get pumpkin coffee but left with French Vanilla. Oh, hello French Vanilla goodness. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

2. It's warm! Like, in the 60s. The snow is mostly gone at last. The sunshine feels warm, the sky is blue, and best of all, I can smell the earth. Oh how I will miss that smell when everything is frozen for the winter.

3. Had a great yoga class today. No head stands, thankfully, but some bridge/ backbends and lots of balance work, which I like. Today I felt good in my body. It reminded me of how only a couple years ago, my body felt entirely foreign to me. Whether you have an injury, an ongoing body/ food issue, or illness, it can be so painful to feel disconnected from yourself. Today I'm saying, "Thank you, Body."

Finally, if you're on Goodreads, I hope you'll friend me. I joined ages ago, put a bunch of books on my list and then never went back. Well, now I'm back for good!

With my friend Faye, I'm going to be running a Goodreads book group for Sirens, the conference I attend every October. I'll also be posting about local author/ book events and am hoping to encourage other people to share events in their area.

So if you're interested in women in Fantasy literature, I hope you'll check out the Sirens Group and introduce yourself on the Intro Thread! It's open to everyone. I just go by Jennifer Ambrose on the site, just so you know.


If you've been a monster grump this week, I hope you take a few minutes to make a gratitude list, to walk outside, and—if you're lucky—smell the earth.

As ever, be kind to yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. yes! very good!

    i am grateful for you!

    and also, less generally, that you've taken on the sirens project. that's awesome. can't wait to see what comes out of this all.

    but also, more generally, for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flattery will get you everywhere.

    I am also excited about the Sirens project. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete