Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Totoro!

It's another beautiful day!

I'm writing and making steady if not exactly swift progress on my novel. My goal is to get to the final scene or place or whatever you want to call it, by the end of the week. Of course a lot will need to happen at that place but the characters won't be traveling anywhere else before the story ends. I find that I work in chunks by location, for some reason.

Probably because of the lovely weather, I'm having a Totoro kind of day! I'm listening to "The Wind Forest" by Mari Fujiwara (originally composed by Joe Hisaishi for "My Neighbor Totoro") on a loop while I write.


In that spirit, here are some Totoro images I gathered from the internet:

A still from the movie

Wallpaper designed by flyindreams (source)



Totoro and friends print by Munieca (for sale here)
"Totoro Noir" by Ppdm (source)
Totoro by Azertip (source)




Several images from the Totoro Forest Project

If you find yourself in a Totoro mood as well, then the first thing you should do is go for a walk!

But once you've come home again and had a snack, check out the gallery of images from the Totoro Forest Project, which was a fundraiser/ auction in 2008-2009  to support the non-profit organization, "Totoro No Furusato National Fund." You can learn more about the project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment