Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Post: Shorter than Intended

Alas, I've been lazy with blogging this week because I'm trying to make a big push with my revisions. A couple weeks ago I had dinner with a friend of mine you gave me detailed feedback--chapter by chapter. Yes, he really did. I was so amazed but it turns out his father is a literature professor, so I now I just imagine my friend engaging in lengthy discussions on characterization and symbolism at the dinner table as soon as he was old enough to read. On second thought, now I'm even more amazed.

He gave me a lot of great feedback and of course a lot to think about. Some sections that seemed clear to me apparently didn't make sense. For example, he mistook a couple dream sequence/flashbacks for actual real time action. Whoops. That is a tad embarrassing. And don't worry there are not a lot of dream sequences because I hate that. But there is a little bit. I am only human.

So I've been trying to make a big push with the revisions now because I am getting to the point where I either want to send this thing off to the mercy of agentdom or I want to light it on fire. Okay, mostly I want to just light it on fire butI am resisting the urge. Just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment