Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Strategy: Dogs

I've noticed that many writer blogs feature humorous, endearing posts about their pets.

I could probably use more humor in my posts because it's not every day that there is fluid seeping from my eyeball. (Also, it has come to my attention that some people don't actually consider that sort of thing to be funny at all.)

And seeing as I did NOT inherit my mom's adorable dimples and blond hair, I'm not as endearing as one might prefer.

Therefore to make up for my shortcomings, I need a humorous, endearing pet! Right?

Reader, YOU ARE IN LUCK.

My husband and I went to the local animal shelter this weekend to assess each dog's overall cuteness, tail wagging agility, puppy dog eyes, and other crucial traits. We found a candidate that meets all of our requirements. I think she's going to be a great member of my blogging team!

She is a little, white wolf with blue eyes. She is coming home on Tuesday. Yes, I will provide you with pictures! And humorous, endearing stories about her many, adorable exploits.

Aren't I generous, Reader? Adopting a dog simply for your reading enjoyment? Because it's not as if my husband and I have wanted a dog and talked about getting a dog since we started dating, or that we are the type of weirdos that go to dog parks and beaches and stare at other people's dogs, or the type of people who go on walks and talk about how much more fun the walk would be if they were accompanied by a dog.

No, we are totally not those people. Not at all. This is strictly business.

2 comments:

  1. LUCKY! Can't wait to hear all about her. Please tell me that some miniature sheep are in the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I don't think I can convince my landlord to let us have mini sheep, too. Someday though...someday.

    ReplyDelete